The latest tax, employment, business and economic news affecting firms and individuals alike. Updated each day.
- BCC reports increased staffing costs and decreased investment.
- Delays expected as HMRC clamps down on abuse.
- Critics doubt tax would effectively address business rates balance.
- Administrative costs hurt businesses even more.
- Chancellor insists the Government “stands ready to do more”.
- Macroeconomy now businesses’ number one concern.
- Only growth in bonuses keeps total pay growth positive.
- Fears of recession as monthly GDP contracts.
- Almost 300,000 more than the first tax day of 2018.
- Government aims to tackle abuse of limited partnerships.